Scriptures: Acts 1:1-3
Passion is the motivation for greatness! Through passion we can accomplish amazing things for Jesus and Jesus wants you to love Him passionately!
This week we will look at another "passion killer": it is an undernourished spirit
Circumstances will arise that will try to shrink your passion and shrivel your heart. We deal daily with disappointments, distractions, conflicts, changes and challenges; we are going to have problems and pressures. So we MUST intentionally nourish our spirit. No one else can do this for us. Ask yourself the question: "how do I nourish my spirit?"
Here are five ways to keep your spirit nourished and keep passion thriving in your life:
1) Have a time of worship with God everyday- private worship and prayer is essential. A private worshipper translates into a public worshipper.
2) Fellowship with other believers- do an inventory of who you are spending your time with, are they people who encourage your walk with God?
3) Read God's Word- reading the Bible brings us out of darkness!
4) Develop a ministry- use your talents for something meaningful.
5) Have a mission in this world- find a way to share your faith! What you talk about it what you love!
God is passionate about you! He is hopelessly in love with you. We must always remember how God feels about us! The cross was Jesus' passion and it is there that we are reignited with Him!