Scriptures: Hebrews 9:27-28, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Revelation 20:11-15
Our world today is fascinated by judgement. Judgement is something we will all endure. Man has two appointments he will make: death and judgement.
What will be involved in God's judgement?
1) A judge on the throne: Jesus
2) We will not judge ourselves
3) We will not be judged by loved ones
4) Enemies will not judge us
5) God will be the judge: He knows all and nothing is hidden from Him. With Him there are no alibis, overwhelming evidence, or second chances: just honesty.
But for those in Christ there is wonderful news: "Christ was offered to bear your sins...He is coming with salvation a second time for those looking for Him."
A believer's judgement is threefold:
1) Past judgement as a sinner- At the cross Jesus bore our judgement and God does not ignore our sins: "For he hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."
2) Present judgement as a child of God- Judgement of daily, which is our daily duty. We are to judge ourselves.
3) Future judgement as a servant- at the rapture our ministry will be judged.
But the Bible speaks of one last judgement: the great white throne judgement. This is not for those taken in the rapture, this is the judgement of sinners, of separation, the final judgement.
We are blessed to know Jesus and have committed our lives to Him and for those of us who have not surrendered to Jesus: don't wait any longer. Its time to get ready!