Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 4:3
"I'm just a nobody telling everybody about somebody who can save anybody." A anomyous person said this describing how he shared the message of Christ and the great need for the gospel. People desire to hear good news and the message of Christ is the only news that will truly change their lives. People are turning to all kinds of means to deal with life's uncertainites, we need to offer them truth. People know they need external help and are seeking out where they can find it: "the gospel is not something we come to church to hear, it something we go from church to tell."
There are several ways to evangelize, or tell people about Christ, lets look at some Biblical figures who gave us examples:
1) Peter- he used the confrontational approach, he spoke his mind about what he thought and believed and the Bible says thousands were brought to Christ under his ministry.
2) Paul- he was a intellectual man who appealed to the minds of people. Many people desire a studied and researched approach to the Word of God.
3) The Blind Man- he reached people with the testimonial approach: he simply shared his story of what Christ had done in his life. The Bible tells us that we are saved by the power of our testimony, so we should share it with those around us!
4) Matthew- he used the interpersonal approach, relating to people as friends and reaching them through relationship.
5) Dorcas- she showed the power of servitude, by giving of her time and talents she showed the message and love of Christ
Witnessing and reaching out is the work of the whole church. It is a responsibility we cannot delegate. Acts 1:8 tells us we shall receive Holy Spirit power so that we can be witnesses of Christ's power! The great need of our hour is for the church to arise and proclaim the message that people are ready to hear.