Scriptures: Colossians 2:13-15
There are signs that a person is alive: breathing, moving and even hurting. To be a spiritually alive a person is more than just present naturally but also spiritually.
There are signs that a person is alive in Christ, we will study five today:
1) A person alive in Christ lives a lifestyle of forgiveness- It's living in betterness: having a higher quality of life. Letting go of bitterness and embracing joy. Righteousness is overcoming resentment; its: calm verses anger, a generous spirit versus a prideful spirit and love versus hatred. Its living a life of giving and receiving forgiveness.
2) A person alive in Christ has their record cancelled: sin leaves a record, but when we are alive in Christ our sin record has been cancelled! God forgives the past so that we can move on into a vibrant future: we need to be thankful and full of gratitude for a clean record!
3) A person alive in Christ has a positive outlook on the future- A person alive in Christ knows what the cross has done for them, they remember that they are on their way to heaven! They accept the power of Calvary and know that God directs the future.
4) A person alive in Christ lives for God outside the church doors- their entire life shows and displays their faith and dedication to the Kingdom. They allow God to disarm them and remove the carnal behaviors. The Bible tells us that: "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds." We know that we are alive in Christ when we do not go to our old weapons, or old ways to deal with situations! God has forgotten the "old" versions of us, we need too as well!
5) A person alive in Christ expects a victory- It's living life preparing for good: living as a happy and blessed Christian! It's having a living, breathing, moving and challenging prayer life.