Scriptures: Ephesians 1:3-6, John 1:12
Everyone reading this has experienced rejection at some level: we must all recognize our rejection. We live in a humanistic society which bases acceptance on appearance, performance, relationships and conformity. The result of rejection is the inability to adequately receive or communicate love.
We must overcome the consequences of rejection:
1) Recognize the nature of rejection: rejection can cause us to search for acceptance in self effort and to find acceptance through relationships based on performance and conformity. We can operate our lives on hidden agenda's many times we do not even recognize.
2) Take Jesus as our pattern: How did Jesus handle rejection? He forgave those who harmed Him, but He did it through the Father: "Father forgive them they know not what they do." You cannot forgive on your own: it takes supernatural grace provided by the Holy Spirit. Forgiveness is not an emotion, it is a decision.
3) Resentment is a luxury you cannot afford: rejection can cause resentment, which can affect many of our relationships. We must decide to get rid of the bad fruit rejection has produced.
4) Believe and receive what Jesus has done for you: God loves you, chose you, adopted you and accepts you. Accept means "to receive especially with gladness and approval." Jesus is interested in you. Jesus cares for you. Jesus believes in you.
5) Accept yourself: don't criticize the work God is doing in you. You are God's workmanship: you need to accept your acceptance in Christ.
6) Proclaim your release from the consequences of rejection- release your spirit to rejoice in the acceptance you have received through Christ your Lord. You are blessed with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ. He gave you the right to become a Child of God. You are not rejected: you are accepted by God.