Scriptures: Joshua 6: 1-6, Joshua 6: 15-16, 20
Do you need to experience a breakthrough? Today is the day to secure an unburdening.
Let's look at the steps for a breakthrough:
1) Prepare for a Confrontation: there is no breakthrough without resistance. Jericho was a fortress city: a symbol of the enemy's power. The Bible tells us "resist the devil and he will flee from you."
2) Look beyond your present circumstances: Joshua looked beyond the walls. There was and will always be more to see than just our obstacles.
3) Align yourself with God: Joshua saw a man with a sword drawn: this was the captain of the Lord's host. Joshua was an earthly leader, but he still had a heavenly leader to follow. Sometimes we mistake those who are there to help us, as those who are out to hurt us.
4) Worship always precedes the victory: worship is the doorway to the supernatural. There can be no breakthrough if there is no: worship, praise, prayer or giving.
5) Obedience to God's direction is the key to a breakthrough- God gives commands, not suggestions. Joshua followed God's direction without personal variations.
6) Speak to yourself only what edifies- edify is defined as: "to instruct especially so as to encourage intellectual, moral or spiritual improvement." God instructed the people not to speak. Why? Because He saw their thoughts of doubt. He had them walk around the walls six days before the day of victory. Its time to walk off, pray off, praise off and sign off our doubts!
Shout when you have: prepared for resistance, looked beyond your problems, aligned yourself with God's will, worshipped God with all your heart, followed God's direction exactly and filled your mind with words of faith.
Then it's time to shout: faith has a voice! Faith calls those things which are not as though they were. Faith spoken makes obstacles crumble.