Scriptures: 2 Corinthians 4:3
"I'm just a nobody telling everybody about somebody who can save anybody." A anomyous person said this describing how he shared the message of Christ and the great need for the gospel. People desire to hear good news and the message of Christ is the only news that will truly change their lives. People are turning to all kinds of means to deal with life's uncertainites, we need to offer them truth. People know they need external help and are seeking out where they can find it: "the gospel is not something we come to church to hear, it something we go from church to tell."
There are several ways to evangelize, or tell people about Christ, lets look at some Biblical figures who gave us examples:
1) Peter- he used the confrontational approach, he spoke his mind about what he thought and believed and the Bible says thousands were brought to Christ under his ministry.
2) Paul- he was a intellectual man who appealed to the minds of people. Many people desire a studied and researched approach to the Word of God.
3) The Blind Man- he reached people with the testimonial approach: he simply shared his story of what Christ had done in his life. The Bible tells us that we are saved by the power of our testimony, so we should share it with those around us!
4) Matthew- he used the interpersonal approach, relating to people as friends and reaching them through relationship.
5) Dorcas- she showed the power of servitude, by giving of her time and talents she showed the message and love of Christ
Witnessing and reaching out is the work of the whole church. It is a responsibility we cannot delegate. Acts 1:8 tells us we shall receive Holy Spirit power so that we can be witnesses of Christ's power! The great need of our hour is for the church to arise and proclaim the message that people are ready to hear.
Scriptures: Psalms 113:1-9
The Bible gives us many examples of women who were positive mothers and leaders. Today we look at four mothers in the Bible who we can learn from, not just as mothers, but as
1) Jochebed: Jochebed was Moses's mother who protected him, she was the protective mother. Jochebed took great risk to protect her child, but his legacy was worth her efforts. She protected her Moses: physically, morally, emotionally and spiritually. Jochebed was a
woman of courage who inspires us a Christians to protect those we desire to see
blossom in Christ and be courageous to fight for their souls.
2) Hannah- Hannah was Samuel's mother: the supportive
mother. Hannah desired a son from the Lord and then supported his work for the
Lord. Hannah gave her child to the work of the church. God answers prayer
concering children and it should be our desire to see the children in our lives
find God's will. Hannah was a woman of prayer and its important for us all to
seek God's face for the lives of others He has placed around
3) Eunice- Eunice was Timothy's mother: the instructive mother. She taught her son unfeigned faith, or faith that was not easily shaken. We need to teach our children faith and support each other in the growth of our faith. Eunice was considered a woman of faith, as Christians we need to desire more faith in our lives.
4) Mary- Mary was the mother of Jesus and she was the loyal mother. Mary went
through many trials, being accused of adultery and watching her own son die on
the cross, yet she never gave up. She stood at the cross of Jesus and showed no
shame. Mary was a woman of loyalty, commitment, courage, prayer and faith.
Scriptures: Ephesians 4:1-6, John 17:20-23
The Bible states that there is only one God who is the Father of all. He is above all, and in us all and through us all. He is an active presence! The church needs to operate in oneness and we can do this in many ways, today we will look at four:
#1- One in Unity- The Bible says there is one body. Unity takes work and we must remember what unites us: our love for God, our love for one another, our love for the lost and our love for the Word. We are to be known by our love for one another.
#2-One in Worship- We worship one, we should worship as one. Our purpose in worship should be to connect with God and with each other. Worship lifts God up and brings us together.
#3- One in Grace- There is one baptism: of the water and the spirit. Mercy and forgiveness are essential. Grace is simple: the lack of mercy and forgiveness is complicated. Grace breaks through all barriers.
#4- One in Faith- One Lord who is Jesus and one faith the gospel. We have one message and the gospel is inclusive: it unites all of us. We all need a Savior and we all need truth and we all need the one spirit.
Oneness is believed and demonstrated.