Scriptures: Luke 2:52
Jesus was the model of a perfectly balanced life and we can look to him to determine our priorities to decide what to say "yes" to and what is most important.
The problem with imbalance is that it leads to frustration from juggling too many options and fatigue: an overwhelming weariness. Jesus lived a life that was balanced: He grew intellectually, developed spiritually, developed socially and was an example of balanced humanity.
How do we achieve a balanced life?
1) Mental Balance: screen things that come to your mind, fill your mind with God's truth, learn to manage stress, be aware of your triggers and experience the present.
2) Physical balance: we must take care of our bodies- they are the Temple of the Holy Ghost. Make physical health a priority.
3) Emotional balance: when we are emotionally stable we are not blown away by crisis! We must manage our moods: not allow our moods to manage our lives. Jesus gives us a combination of confidence and contentment.
4) Social balance: Many people feel nervous in group settings, but Jesus wants us to live life with many meaningful connections. Social balance comes when we improve our social confidence.
To have a truly balanced life we must make Jesus the center of our lives: let Him determine your priorities. Say no to some things, so you can say yes to the things of God!
Scriptures: Acts 16: 1-5
How many have heard the term -“In the Zone?”
1) Forward Thinking
Keep the main thing the main thing. The main thing is: to reach people for Jesus. Live out your faith, not your history. Spend more time on what is important, not what is urgent. Love, laugh and leave a wake.
Practice Praying Right!
2) Throw away all Excuses
There will always be obstacles. How do we overcome obstacles?
3) Operate in the Promises of God.
We walk by faith and not by sight. Seeing promises fulfilled helps with discouragement. Search out the promises of God in His Word: there are multitudes! You will walk through doors which were once shut to you. This will allow you to discover the champion that lives in you.
Practice Right Thinking!
It's time to get "in the zone!"